We want to be the partner of choice for a sustainable supply chain.
We are aware that to achieve a sustainable future we need the collaboration of everyone: customers, suppliers, terminal users and even our own workers.
Together we will get it.
Synergy , as a logistics and railway operator. It integrates in all its management, activities and services the consideration of quality, safety and environmental aspects, in order to offer products that fully satisfy the needs of our customers, that meet the expectations of our users, ensuring the efficiency of the processes. , the sustainable use of resources, adaptation to climate change, as well as the safety and health of our workers.
Synergy sets continuous improvement as a priority objective, based on optimal management of material, technical and human resources and on the following principles of action:
- Comply with the objectives and strategies established by the organization itself and by the Hutchison Ports group, to which it belongs.
- Prevent, minimize and correct pollution in terms of emissions into the atmosphere and noise derived from our activities.
- Commitment to comply with applicable legislation and regulations, as well as other requirements voluntarily assumed by the company.
- Guarantee the appropriate means and the necessary training to carry out the work, obtaining good quality results, minimizing environmental impacts, preventing risks and guaranteeing safety conditions in the workplace, taking into account that prevention is for the benefit of all and that workplace safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Provide mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and customers. Extend our quality, environmental and safety requirements to our contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Sustainable Development Goals
Synergy’s Sustainability strategy is aligned with the SDGs of the United Nations 2030 Agenda and contributes to 12 of the 17 SDGs
SDG 3: HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Improve employee Health and Safety awareness through training and communications.
Promote health care and wellness initiatives in the workplace.
Minimize the impacts of Terminal Operations on workers and the community.
SDG 4: QUALITY EDUCATION
Promote competency and people development programs
Work with local schools and universities to promote exchanges and visits.
Association with research projects with universities and research centers.
SDG 5: GENDER EQUALITY
Attract and develop female talent .
Promote gender equality hiring practices .
Address the ratio of male/female workers .
SDG 7: AFFORDABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY
Increase the production of solar renewable energy.
SDG 08: DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
Achieving economic growth through ethical and sustainable governance and business practices .
Act responsibly to guarantee ethical standards in our supply chain , such as working conditions and human rights.
Achieve growth by incorporating new technologies and diversifying .
SDG 9: INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Guarantee sustainable designs in new investments, projects and developments.
Incorporate climate resilience into terminal developments and redesigns.
Promote a culture of technological innovation.
SDG 10: REDUCTION OF INEQUALITIES
Improve inclusion and diversity practices .
Achieve equality with the composition of workers , regardless of gender, origin and ethnicity.
SDG 11: SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Increase acceptance and participation of the Go Green campaign in our community.
Promote external “ engagement ” on environmental issues and associate with schools and universities.
SDG 13: ACTION FOR THE CLIMATE
Global reduction targets for GHG emissions (Greenhouse Gases).
Reduce energy use globally.
Improve understanding of climate-related risks at the local level and have resilient measures.
SDG 14: LIFE BELOW
0 tolerance to marine pollution.
Increase training in pollution prevention and control .
SDG 15: LIFE ON TERRESTRIAL ECOSYSTEMS
Improve air quality locally.
0 tolerance to environmental pollution .
Promote terrestrial biodiversity campaigns .
SDG 17: ALLIANCE TO ACHIEVE THE OBJECTIVES
Partnership with our supply chain : customers, suppliers and other 3rd parties to carry out sustainable business practices.
Association with 3rd parties in joint projects to innovate and conduct research in the port sector.
Work in harmony with our local community and our community stakeholders.